Large ensemble rehearsals, by nature, limit the ability of any director to interact with students and address their individual skills. Though not required, only the students who take advantage of private instruction will fully meet their potential. It is no coincidence that the majority of students in Wind Ensemble, or who make the HCPSS GT and Maryland All-State ensembles, study with great private teachers. Below is a list of some teachers with whom students at AHS have had great success. This is not a complete list and many more great teachers in the area are available.
- EXTRA HELP FROM MR. POSNER: Whether you take private lessons or not, ASK MR. POSNER FOR HELP!!! He is available during ALL lunches, before and after school, and can make appointments. Take advantage of the help and find out exactly what is going to get you to where you want to be!
- For a larger list of area accompanists and teachers please see the HCPSM List here.
- Ellen Dooley, email@example.com, 202-321-4401
- Sarah McIver, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-274-9452
- Willie Santiago, Williersantiago@gmail.com, 203-401-1655
- Melissa Wertheimer, email@example.com
- Elizabeth Eber, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeanne Getz, email@example.com
- Callie Messick, 443-546-3849
- Pat Whitehead, Monumental Brass Quintet, firstname.lastname@example.org, 240-447-4344
- Matt Barker, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, email@example.com
- Ryan Brewer, U.S. Army Field Band, Resume and Contact Info Click Here
- Brent Flinchbaugh, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443.956.8493
- Angela Guido, email@example.com
- Nick Obrigewitch, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-218-0409
- Dave Sciannella, DSciannella@verizon.net, 301-648-5938